Alibaba stock [BABA]May 13, 2018
Part of having a diversified investment portfolio is having exposure to other parts of the world.
I hold international stocks like:
- Blackrock iShares ticker: IJP for Japan exposure
- Blackrock iShares ticker: IVV for the US
- BetaShares ticker: YMAX for Australia
- Platinum Asia Investments ticker: PAI for a whole range of Asian regions.
Alibaba is a huge online store based in China that is very similar to Amazon. The Alibaba stock is sitting at around $193USD from roughly $121USD 12 months ago.
They are expecting a growth of 5% per year with revenue targeting 53% this quarter.
I don’t currently hold any Alibaba stock but it’s definitely on my radar.
View the charts for Alibaba stock here.
Here are some quick statistics on Alibaba
- Alibaba cloud revenue for Q4 2017 – $553million
- Alibaba reached a total of 580 million shoppers as of the beginning of 2018
- Alibaba cloud customers – 1 million
- Alibaba’s public cloud service revenue share – 5%
- Alibaba Group employees – 63,809
- Alimama generates 60% of Alibaba revenue